Events Calendar 2021
NOTICE: Due to Covid-19 all dialogues and events on property are cancelled until further notice. The Library, Center and grounds are also closed until further notice.
- Library & Center Hours
- Tues-Fri 12:00-4:00pm
- Sat-Sun 10:00am-5:00pm
- Saturday Dialogue (More Info)
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 5th Saturday of the month 4:00-6:00 pm
- Monthly Video Dialogue: Looking, Listening and Shared Inquiry (More Info)
- 4th Saturday of the month 6:00-10:00 pm
- In Depth Study Program , Isolation and Loneliness, Are we aware of our deeper loneliness and isolation? Isn’t our superficial sense of loneliness often quickly filled with people or activities to paper over the emptiness? Is there a more existential loneliness and isolation lying outside our perception, yet driving the mind at all moments?
According to J. Krishnamurti, human beings are blinded by a conditioning so deep that our very perceptions separate us from the reality we face and the relationships we are involved in. Is there something about perception itself that may condemn us to a life of isolation and loneliness? Are we trapped in an existence without freedom and without love?
Monday, Jan 11 – Friday, Jan 15, 2021
- In Depth Study Program, The Trap of Pleasure and Entertainment, n modern existence – especially since the digital age – access to entertainment and pleasure has become increasingly immediate and easy. More than ever, it is now considered normal to have entertainment at our fingertips and at all times. Is there anything wrong with this way of life?
J. Krishnamurti frequently warns about the dangers of this topic for the mind and for life itself. Whilst we are entertaining ourselves, is the house burning? Is a mind addicted to pleasure, incapable of facing truth? Do we see these dangers directly or does it all remain rather intellectual and casual a concern?
Monday, Feb 15 – Friday, Feb 19, 2021
- In Depth Study Program, Actuality and Ourselves, We often seem to find ourselves seeking something, a happier situation, a way to avoid unpleasant feelings or circumstances, an escape from boredom, or something that is deeper and lasting, Truth or Actuality itself. Yet, this search can seem to have no end. What we are seeking eludes us, something seems to be missing…..
Monday, March 15 – Friday, March 19, 2021
- In Depth Study Program , Attention: the “be all” and “end all”, People often quote Krishnamurti as saying “Consciousness is its content,” but he said more often than not that “Consciousness as we know it, is its content.” Are we the content looking out through consciousness or is this content just information hosted by consciousness, and is it consciousness itself that represents our true essence? In order to consider this question we must first ask another question: “What is attention?”
Monday, April 5 – Friday, April 9, 2021
- In Depth Study Program, An Exploration of Hurt in Our Lives, Krishnamurti suggests that maintaining hurt and continuing blame is destroying our quality of life and relationship. He asks if it is possible never to be hurt again? We shall be exploring this issue together, seeing if we can probe and question our way into a deeper understanding of both conscious and unconscious hurt in our lives.
Monday, April 19 – Friday, April 23, 2021
- Annual May Gathering, The Urgency of Change, We invite you to our Online May Gathering, May 1 and 2, 2021. This event is free of charge.We have chosen a theme that we feel is extremely relevant in light of all the challenges the world has gone through in 2020 and continue to face in 2021, The Urgency of Change. This is also the title of a book that was published 50 years ago, and the topics it touches upon are as striking now as they were then.
Sat, May 1 – Sun, May 2, 2021